In small amounts, stress can be tolerated. However, prolonged or intense stress levels can impact on our relationships, work performance, and lead to panic attacks and/or depression. Common symptoms can include irritability, lack of concentration, sleeping problems, negative thinking, changes in appetite, lack of motivation, loss of libido, social withdrawal and mood swings. Stress can also contribute to physical symptoms such as skin disorders, headaches, muscular tension, high blood pressure and other bodily aches and pains.
Issues for Stress Counselling
- Work Pressures
- Family Stresses
- Relationship Worries
- Difficulty Coping
- Panic Attacks
- Physical Ailments
- Constant Tension
What is Stress Management Counselling & Psychotherapy?
Engaging with therapy at Insight Matters can allow you to unburden yourself and gain a fresh mindset so that you can open up to learning new coping strategies. You discover and implement stress management approaches like:
- time management
- anger management
- deep breathing
- improving coping strategies
- developing a more positive mindset
- balanced life approaches
- dealing with burnout
- anxiety reduction
- using guided imagery to reduce stress
- managing work stress
- relaxation techniques
- work-life balance
When stress reactions decrease our quality of life, psychotherapy can help us to make serious changes in order to live in a happier and more effective way. When we frequently respond to stress with anxiety, fear, anger or depression, time is spent exploring these initial reactions as part of the process. Stress management psychotherapy emphasizes the importance of understanding and thereby gaining control of personal sources of anxiety which amplify the individual’s particular response to stress. Blind spots, inner conflicts and unresolved trauma provide life’s stressors with opportunities to slowly take hold and grow beyond the person’s ability to cope with them.
What are the Benefits of Stress Management Counselling?
• Learn what causes your stress, anxiety or panic and how to regain control
• Discover how to identify stress and anxiety or panic attack triggers and minimise their effect
• Learn how to change automatic thought, behaviour and physical symptoms which feed anxiety cycles
• Discover proven, effective panic prevention and removal strategies
• Learn stress reduction techniques to reduce the physical side effects of anxiety or panic
• Develop tailor-made coping strategies to manage stressful situations effectively
• Build a set of techniques and tools that will enable you to effectively prevent or manage any future stress Ref: Harley Therapy – Psychotherapy & Counselling London
Call us now on 01-891 0703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion and initial assessment with one of our senior therapists. Alternatively please fill in the online booking form and we will contact you within 24 hours.