Couples counselling otherwise referred to as relationship counselling or marriage counselling is an opportunity to air hurt and angry feelings in a safe, impartial and empathic environment. It can offer new insights into the ways you are communicating and experiencing each other, help clarify thoughts and feelings and in so doing reduce conflict in the relationship.
Relationship counselling helps to address the following:
- Feeling blamed and criticized
- Feeling not heard, not listened to
- Lack of intimacy and sex
- Loneliness & isolation
- Communication problems
- A repeating pattern of unresolved issues
- Patterns where one or both of you experience being unheard, unseen, rejected, or lonely
- Cycles of blame and criticism
- Infidelity and breakdown of trust
Couples will ideally attend a number of exploratory sessions together and decide at this point how they wish to proceed. However in the event that one partner becomes unable or unwilling to commit further, it is recommended that the other partner continues with the process.
Relationship Therapists at Insight Matters offer skilled and confidential relationship counselling to couples of all genders and all sexual orientations (LGBTQ).