Depression affects many of us yet it is still difficult to talk about in Irish society. Unfortunately through this silence, the very acute pain that each individual experiences is lost and unacknowledged. Our psychotherapists and counsellors understand the deeply personal nature of depression and how it has the capacity to impact on each and every part of a person’s life.
What is Depression Counselling?
Initially when you meet with with a psychotherapist, you will discuss your personal experience of depression. You will have you an opportunity to identify what contributes to your low mood and depressed thoughts feelings and behaviours. You will be helped to identify aspects of your problems that can be changed and open to improvement.
Cognitive behavioural therapy techniques are incorporated to help you develop realistic and achievable life goals. These techniques help you to identify your needs in life situations and in relation to others and how to ensure these needs are met.
Issues for Depression
- Low Mood
- Postnatal depression (PND)
- Suicidal Thoughts/ Self-Harm Ideation
- Sexuality & sexual / gender identity
- Isolation and lonliness
- Social Withdrawal
- Feelings of hopelessness, helplessness and despair
What are the Benefits of Counselling?
The impact of depression can be immense and is often felt in isolation. Counselling allows you an opportunity to explore how you feel your depression effects you and your relationships with friends and family. It allows you to gradually integrate your experience into the broader context of your life and who you are as a person.
- Develop coping strategies to manage difficult situations.
- Learn techniques and tools that are effective for you in the short and long-term.
- Examine thoughts, feelings and behaviours that contribute to low mood.
- Gradually explore the underlying causes of your depression.
- Reconnect with your goals, dreams, achievements and hopes for your future.
Call us now on 01-891 0703 or email email@example.com for a confidential discussion and initial assessment with one of our senior therapists. Alternatively please fill in the online booking form and we will contact you within 24 hours.