Training & Accreditation
Michelle provides a calm and confidential setting in which her clients can feel safe enough to begin to explore the presenting issues that are of concern to them. She works collaboratively and empathically with adult individuals on a one-to-one basis.
Her work is aimed at raising self-understanding and awareness so that, ultimately, her clients can move forward from a position of increased personal insight. The therapeutic relationship that unfolds between her and the client is integral to the process.
- B.A. Ord Degree in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy – IICP College, Dublin
- Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy – PCI College, Dublin
- Foundation Cert in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – IICP College, Dublin
- Therapeutic Support in the Aftermath of Rape and Sexual Assault – Dublin Rape Crisis Centre
- Certificate in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training – IICP College, Dublin
Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy.
As an integrative counsellor, Michelle frequently moves between theoretical approaches. However, she predominantly works in a Person-Centred way, utilising Psychodynamics and Sensorimotor techniques.
When appropriate, she also introduces Transactional Analysis, Sand/Figurine work, Object Relations, Attachment, Existential and Choice theories to help clients work on a more holistic level.
With Psychodynamics, she can help her clients explore their earliest childhood relationships and how these impact upon their present difficulties. Alongside looking at the past she also looks at present, repeated patterns of thinking and belief that may cause the client to be unable to move forward. She believes in building a strong relationship between the therapist and the client, providing an open and confidential environment and finding the most appropriate way of working with them as individuals.
Experience & Areas of Interest
Michelle is experienced at working with:
- Childhood neglect, abuse or trauma
- Gender Identity & Sexuality
- Sexual issues
- Bereavement, Grief and Loss
- Relationship issues
- Self-harm and Suicidal Thoughts
- Body Dysmorphia
- Anxiety & Panic Attacks
- Depression & Self Esteem
- Disabilities and Chronic / Terminal Illness