Infertility is a widespread issue which can have a serious impact on an individual’s emotional wellbeing. There are a range of complex and painful emotions associated with infertility such as anger, guilt and despair.
Undergoing fertility treatments can also affect the relationship that you have with your partner. There may be disagreements on how to proceed, arguments over the financial aspects of procedures, as well as having to deal with continuous disappointments.
One of the principal aspects of dealing with fertility issues is managing the sometimes overwhelming feelings of loss and grief. It can be difficult to be happy for those around you who are pregnant or who have children, and people will often say the wrong thing when trying to comfort you.
Fertility counselling allows you to speak freely about how you are feeling in a non-judgemental environment. It can help you to make sense of your emotions and to develop coping strategies for the path ahead. There are many aspects to Fertility Counselling, the following are some of the ways in which it may be helpful to you.
- Reducing feelings of isolation
- Increasing your ability to make choices by exploring and clarifying thoughts and feelings
- Providing a space to reflect upon the implications of a proposed course of action
- Providing emotional support while undergoing treatment
- Providing support in dealing with negative outcomes
- Support coming to terms with not conceiving naturally
- Support dealing with secondary infertility
- Addressing the difficulties experienced in interpersonal relationships
- Working towards acceptance
Fertility Counselling will provide you with a safe space to explore your own personal experience, no matter what stage you are at in the journey towards parenthood. Counselling can help with managing the stresses associated with undergoing fertility treatments, such as dealing with possible negative outcomes and the impact that this has on your emotional wellbeing. Fertility counselling allows you to talk freely about how you are feeling in a non-judgemental environment, it can help you make sense of your emotions and develop ways of coping with the difficulties and decisions you are facing.
Call us now on 01-891 0703 or email email@example.com for a confidential discussion and initial assessment with one of our senior therapists. Alternatively please fill in the online booking form and we will contact you within 24 hours.